There is certainly no shortage of predictions* for what is in store for HR professionals this year. And regardless of the source, there are definitely common themes when it comes to focus areas. Here are the ones we have found to consistently appear in those “top 10” or “top 5” lists:
- Employee engagement will be top-of-mind for companies as they seek to retain the best and the brightest
- Corporate learning will take on increasing importance as Millennials become the largest generation in the workforce
- Traditional performance management methods will come under scrutiny as employers adapt more fluid and meaningful ways to evaluate performance
- “Big Data” will be replaced by just-in-time analytics and insight for a more relevant, real-time look into an organization
Based on this list alone, today’s HR professionals are tasked with an increasingly complex and broad list of responsibilities. Fortunately, HR technology solutions have evolved over time as well and there are now affordable options to help HR departments achieve both the strategic goals such as improving employee engagement and the tactical requirements like open enrollment.
Watch the brief video above to learn how an integrated human capital management (HCM) like PeopleStrategy’s eHCM solution suite can help organizations successfully navigate the challenges many predict they will face in 2015 and beyond.
* One of the most comprehensive and detailed “HR Predictions” coverage is the research report, “Predictions for 2015: Redesigning the Organization for a Rapidly Changing World” from Bersin by Deloitte. The report is available on a complimentary basis to non-members here: http://www.bersin.com/Practice/Detail.aspx?id=18145.